Guacamole-Stuffed Hardboiled Eggs
- 6 Large pasture-raised eggs
- 2 Ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 Small onion Finely chopped
- 1 Ripe tomato Chopped
- 1 Clove garlic Minced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the eggs: Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with water. Place the pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat so the eggs cook at a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour out the hot water, and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let the eggs stay in the water and when they are cool enough handle, peel them.Let them cool to room temperature or put them in the refrigerator until they are cold.
- Make the guacamole: Mash avocado in a medium serving bowl. Stir in onion, tomato, and garlic. Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the flavors blend.
- To assemble: Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks. Fill each half with about ½ Tbsp of guacamole. Place on a serving plate and enjoy!