Sweet & Savory Blueberry Breakfast Sausage
- 1 lb Ground turkey (455 g)
- 3 Garlic cloves Finely minced
- 1 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Sage Dried
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Black pepper Freshly ground
- ½ Cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Place the turkey, garlic, maple syrup, spices, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix together until combined. Gently add the blueberries, stirring until they become incorporated into the meat mixture.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal-sized portions (divide in half, then in half, and in half again), and form into patties about 1 cm thick (about ½ inch).
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the sausage patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side (until they are browned and cooked through).
- Yum! Serve with your favorite toast or with eggs (or both).